After you have created and saved a record in Zoho CRM, there are two ways to make edits: single field and multiple fields.
Let’s say you need to quickly update the Stage of a deal you are working on or you want to add a Mobile phone to the Contact’s record.
To make a quick edit of a single field:
- Point to the data that needs to be changed (or the field where it should be entered).
- Click on the Edit hyperlink the appears slightly to the right of the field.
- Make changes as desired.
- DON’T FORGET to click the Save button when finished,
If you need to make edits to more than one field on a record, it makes sense to put the entire record in edit mode to make the changes.
To edit multiple fields on a record:
- If you have started with a look up, and you see the record you want to edit in the list view, click the Edit icon (a pencil) to the left of the record you want to edit.
if you have displayed the record in detail view, click the Edit button on the top of the view.
- Make changes in all desired fields.
- DON’T FORGET to click the Save button at the top of the screen when finished.
Note: This method is the only way you can change a Contact’s name.
You can use either method to make your edits. Just pick the one that works best for you.