- In Zoho Campaigns, click Settings
- Click Email Authentication
- Click the “Add a Domain” button.
- Enter your email domain name (e.g. if your email is email@example.com, then enter abc.com).
- Click the “Add” button.
The next few steps require that you have access to your Website Domain’s SPF records. You may need help from your website company for this step.
- Click the “SPF/DKIM Setup” hyperlink
- You’ll get a popup page displaying the SPF text record and DKIM public key text record.
- Copy the SPF TXT record and setup in the text record of your domain’s DNS settings. If the SPF TXT record already exists, please add “include:zcsend.net” to the existing record. You may send what you have copied to your Website company to update your SPF record.
- Copy the DKIM public key in a subdomain of domain’s DNS settings. For DKIM public key, you need to create a subdomain in your domain’s DNS and then add the public key to it.You may send what you have copied to your Website company to update your domain’s DNS settings.
- Once the settings have been updated for your domain (it may take 24-48 hours), return to Zoho Campaigns, and click Settings, click Email Authentication.
- Under your Domain, click the Verify button to be sure that your SPF record has been updated accordingly.
- If you want to set it up yourself, here are instructions for some of the more common web hosting sites: https://www.zoho.com/campaigns/help/setup-spf-dkim.html
To understand more about SPF records, you can go here: https://www.zoho.com/campaigns/help/spf-authentication-method.html
To understand more about DKIM, you can go here: https://www.zoho.com/campaigns/help/domainkey-authentication-method.html#!