- In Outlook, click File, Help (or File, Office Account, About Outlook) to determine your version. In particular note whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit version.
- Then exit out of Outlook. Really, you should exit.
- In Zoho, click the Tools icon at the upper right, then select Setup.
- Under Marketplace, click Microsoft.
- Choose your Microsoft Outlook version (that you determined in step 1) from the drop down.
- Click the Download button.
- After it is downloaded, double-click the “ZohoCRM_Plugin_for_Microsoft_Outlook.msi” file to install the plugin
- Open Outlook.
If you are a Windows user, there will be two places for you to sign in using your Zoho CRM credentials. There will be a Side Pane at the far right of the Inbox. Use your login credentials to connect Zoho and Outlook Inbox.If you are a MAC user, you should see the icon (if not, launch the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook from Applications.)Then, either on the toolbar or click the Add-ins tab (depending on your Outlook version), click Zoho CRM and from the drop-down menu select Sign In. If you are a MAC user, click the icon on the menu bar. Use your Zoho login credentials to connect Zoho and Outlook Inbox.
- Then, either on the toolbar or click the Add-ins tab (depending on your Outlook version), click Zoho CRM and from the drop-down menu select Sign In. If you are a MAC user, click the icon on the menu bar. Use your Zoho login credentials to connect Zoho and Outlook Inbox.
- Once you have signed in, you will want to once again click the Zoho CRM tab at the top of the Outlook screen or the icon and select Settings.
- To define Settings for Windows Users:
In the Calendar tab, use the folder icon to select the Calendar folder in your account. You will want to Automatically sync the changes and check “Events owned by me.In the Emails tab, use the folder icon to select your Inbox folder. To avoid creating a Lead or Contact record in Zoho CRM when an email you send does not match any email found in your database. You can un-select the third checkbox as shown in the image at the right. This keeps your team from developing junk records in the CRM with only the email address.
In the Contacts tab, use the folder icon to select the Contacts folder in your account. Then select to sync All Contacts or only those that you own. I actually don’t recommend this option if your team has lots of personal contacts that would come into the corporate Zoho database.
- To define Settings for Mac Users:
Click the Change link to the right of each folder and select the folder that applies.
If there is a conflict, tell Outlook which one should win (where do you keep the most correct information). When defining the Calendar, select the Categories for the types of Events that will be synchronized. You will most likely want to select All.
Windows Users can read more here:
If you are connecting Office 365:
p.s. You can delete the .msi install file that you downloaded, if you like. You won’t need it after the initial install.